19 de septiembre de 2016

Review; Falling kingdoms


Falling kingdoms ✎ Morgan Rhodes
Serie Falling kingdoms ✎ Razorbill
✎ 11.16 $



In the three kingdoms of Mytica, magic has long been forgotten. And while hard-won peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest now simmers below the surface.

As the rulers of each kingdom grapple for power, the lives of their subjects are brutally transformed... and four key players, royals and rebels alike, find their fates forever intertwined. Cleo, Jonas, Lucia, and Magnus are caught in a dizzying world of treacherous betrayals, shocking murders, secret alliances, and even unforeseen love.

The only outcome that's certain is that kingdoms will fall. Who will emerge triumphant when all they know has collapsed?

It's the eve of war.... Choose your side.

Princess: Raised in pampered luxury, Cleo must now embark on a rough and treacherous journey into enemy territory in search of magic long thought extinct.

Rebel: Jonas, enraged at injustice, lashes out against the forces of oppression that have kept his country cruelly impoverished. To his shock, he finds himself the leader of a people's revolution centuries in the making.

Sorceress: Lucia, adopted at birth into the royal family, discovers the truth about her past—and the supernatural legacy she is destined to wield.

Heir: Bred for aggression and trained to conquer, firstborn son Magnus begins to realize that the heart can be more lethal than the sword....


When I decided to accept this book I was in a big literature crisis and although I had seen one or two times this book, I had never read the sypnosis, but when I did, I wanted to know everything about this book.

I thought that this book it will be the thing that I more need in that moment, a heavy and good lecture. I needed mistery, action and a little of romance.But all my bigs expectations felt after the page number 100. I´m not going to lie, the book arrived home in summer and I had finished it recently. I had to put in another side but then I commit myself finish to read this book. I know that this serie have a lot of followers,so I will explain very clear all the things that I didn´t like it. Don´t kill me until you read all the review!

Set in a wolrd made by the author, Mytica is divided in three "countries" with differents social ranks. The aurianos are the more poweful, they have everything and they enjoy mistreat the palsianos. These are the more poor of the three kings. Finally, we have the Limeros, a town that din´t have the same power than the aurianos but are more important thant the palmesianos.

There are people that don´t want to disposed more this situation,so when a accident occurs, all the problems pot. As I said before, the book has disappointed me. It was very slow until the end.
I believe that this book is basically, a introduction to the others books: it explain the history of each king and the main characters. I have to recognize that the author had done a good job creating a new universe and she didn´t leave any loopholes. One of the main reasons that I dind´t like the book was the big amount of characters and the diferents narrations.

I finish this review telling you that I have more expectations in the following books because I think that It would be more action.

Conclusion: The fall of the kingdoms is like a introduction of the next war that is coming between this three kingdoms. At first is a little heavy for heavy for read but is improving at the end, with a lot of characters and a great universe created by the author.


1 comentario:

  1. Lástima que sea muy introductorio, y por lo que he visto es una saga larga... A mí me cautivo por la portada y por eso lo conseguí de segunda mano, pero estoy indecisa sobre si comprar el resto...

    ResponderEliminar

¡Con un comentario tuyo me harás más feliz el día!